We did not name Buzz & Mickey. I'm not in the habit of naming animals after cartoon characters, especially dachshunds, as I feel they deserve more distinguished, people names. They do, in fact, believe they are people (NOT dogs), and therefore entitled to people privileges. Hence Emmett and then Roman. No, Buzz & Mickey came with their names from rescue. I'm not sure if they were owner surrenders already named, or if they were given their names by the original shelters, but those are their names.
Buzz was officially named Buzz Lightface by Stacey, due to the white on his face. He was originally thought to be about 10 by the Kern County shelter that took him in. However, Stacey at Foxy Doxy realized he was not old, simply a piebald, red and white dachshund. (His nails gave that away.) She ages him more around 6 years old, and given his behavior I would say she is probably right. He has horrible teeth. After I adopted him he and Emmett received dentals and Buzz lost a canine and back tooth. Poor guy. His other canine is already not looking great after only 3 months, so we will have to be diligent about teeth brushing. Emmett has always had fab teeth (two dentals in 12 years are all that have been needed!), so it's a new habit for me. I brushed Roman's, but he hated it. Buzz won't care...it's attention.
Buzz. Is. Hilarious.
Stacey told me he is a clown and oh she is so right! Being the baby of the three dogs, he's constantly playing with toys. I went to Big Lots to get him great toys at a cheap price and he is in doggy heaven! Big full basket of brand new toys to chew on. I have to keep Emmett's beloved Lambie from him, of course. Emmett won't fight him over it, but he looks at me like, "MOM! He stole my LAMBIE!" It's pathetic, really.
Buzz not only likes dog toys, but those of his human brother and sister, as well. The kids have lost several of their fake food kitchen items as we have found them in a dog bed with Buzz, under a blanket, chewing on them. Fake bananas, waffles, grapes and canned food are apparently a delicacy in the World of Buzz. (Roman liked snails and slugs. That's how he earned his rep as a "street dog.) Buzz also likes the children's stuffed animals. Countless times I have seen him sneaking in and out of the kids' rooms emerging with one of their stuffies in his mouth!
His favorite toys to steal above any fake food or Little People would be Zhu Zhu Pets. Leila has some habitat stuff for hers, and I am not lying when I saw the little thizef slink to her room door, look slowly left, then right, then dash in and out quickly, grabbing a Zhu Zhu pet and running! Little twerp has a strong grip, too. I think because they make noises and move he may think it's a real creature. I laughed so hard I nearly didn't get it from him! He missed me seeing him. He needs to look up a little higher next time. Needless to say, we have taken to propping baby gates up at the doors of the kids' rooms to keep Buzz out. Glad the gates are still coming in handy!
The funniest thing he has swiped were english muffins. My parents were visiting, and my mother and I had been shopping at the store so we had food in the house for their visit. We had bought my dad some high fiber english muffins. When we got home, we could not find them anywhere. I knew I saw the bagger put them in my cloth bags, so where were they? It drove us insane for two days, until James and Dad burst out laughing. We glanced over to see Buzz strutting in, extremely proud, one handle of the cloth bag around his neck and flying behind him like a cape, bag of english muffins secured in his mouth! We are still laughing about it a month later! He hadn't even punctured the bag with his teeth. Apparently, I had left the bag WITH the english muffins in them on the floor of the laundry room when we unloaded groceries from the car and Buzz found them. At least he brought them in to show them off instead of attempting to consume them. He got kudos from me over that one. Emmett and Mickey would have devoured them on the spot!
Like any good dachshund, he is a burrower. He burrows like crazy! If you can't find Buzz, start turning over blankets. He is also a master of disguise that way. We play a game in this house called Find The Dog quite often. Maybe he's part chameleon. When he's not burrowing, fighting with Emmett about being top dog or for a good spot by me in bed, he can be found cuddled with one of the children or with me. Nicolas says Buzz is "his" dog. Nicolas REALLY wanted one of the new dogs to be "his" dog, so shhhh!...Don't tell him...While Buzz loves all of us and is great with both kids, I believe he is a mommy's boy like Emmett.
Did I mention he also likes to sleep lying on his back? Some cute pics our our Buzzy B.:

1 comment:
Buzz lightface is an awesome name for a dog. Also he is cute. Love the pic of him under the covers.
Post a Comment